Parent, Guardian & Players – Code of Conduct
The Kingsley Junior Football Club fully supports the codes of conduct as introduced and implemented by the AFL and WAFL.
Players Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules – the rules of KJFC club and laws of the game
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people, you can’t play.
- Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and sledging of other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games
- Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly.
- Co-operate with your coach, umpires and team-mates
- Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills.
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability. These comments can be viewed as degrading and in some cases illegal – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do.
Parent & Supporters Code of Conduct
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others;
- Remember, that your child participates in sport for their own enjoyment, not YOURS.
- Focus on your child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Never ridicule or yell at your child or other children for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Show appreciation for good performance and skilful play by all players (including opposing players).
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with or in the vicinity of any person under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Do not physically or verbally abuse or harass anyone associated with the sport (player, coach, umpire and so on).
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Provide a safe environment for my child, including prompt collection of my child after training, games and club functions.
- Be a positive role model.